Saturday, September 11, 2010

Christmas stocking!

I love to make Christmas decorations but how many can a person have?  And I particularly like to make stockings!  I've knitted a few, sewed some, cross-stitched, embellished bought ones and just love to make them.  I don't know what it is about the stockings that I am so fond of but they are just things I like at Christmas time.  I found a solution!  The local quilt shop is collecting stockings for Lighthouse, which is a charitable organization for those in need.  They have a Christmas shop for their clients each year.  Yay, I can make stockings anytime of the year and donate them for a worthy cause.  Here is my first one.  I have so many other things to do right now but I had to stop everything and make a stocking!  I used a piece of pre-quilted fabric that I had in my "stuff".  I also found the ribbon of bells in my collection.  I buy Christmas things every year just thinking that I might be able to use it someday or just because I like them!


(They are also collecting doll blankets and I can't wait to make a few of them.) Doll blankets a little later as I have some other projects that I have to finish first.

No comments:

Post a Comment